So I have not been consistent in my updates on this blog. The reason is that I work for a company whose financial year ends on the 31st of December. I am busy ensuring that we deliver the ‘numbers’ that we promised to the powers that be. Effectively I have 7 weeks to do this. I have therefore squeezed a few minutes from my lunch break to give this update. Its five minutes to year end so I know you understand!
So today I would like to share with you the books that have made it to my top 5 list for 2013. I realised a while back that when it comes to managing your career, there are some things that you will never learn in undergrad or even MBA. They can only be shared by those who have walked the road you are walking. I am grateful that some of them are willing to share their stories through books. Here goes my list
1. Dare: straight talk on confidence, courage and career for women in charge by Becky Blalock
2. Lean in: women, work and the will to lead by Sheryl Sandberg
3. Nice girls don’t get the corner office: unconcious mistakes that women make that sabotage their careers by Lois P Frankel
4. Its rising time: a call for women by Kim Kiyosaki
5. Outliers by Malcom Gladwell
I am sure we will meet the numbers we promised so you can watch this space for updates on that.